9.07.2015

I love lists. As they say, "listers gonna list." That's right, right? Anyway, here is my first week meal plan.

Meals:

Breakfasts:
Huevos rancheros
Misc. cooked eggs (scrambled, poached) with sides of fruit
Paleo "cereal"

Lunches:
Cooked sweet potatoes with corn, black beans & lime juice (and some honey)
Sausage and roasted veggies


Dinners:
"Tortilla" Soup
Stuffed baked tomatoes
Stir-fry veggies (with kale) & brown rice
Pulled pork & slaw
Spaghetti squash & sauce


In addition to clean eating, I have added some vitamins to my morning regimen that I think are right for me. Vitamin B12, complex B, Vitamin D (2,000IU), Vitamin C,  and Turmeric (1,000MG). 

Resources: If you are looking to start healthy eating, I cannot recommend enough the book, It Starts With Food and doing a Whole30. The website explains it well. I also recommend using this link for a comprehensive meal plan including a shopping list. 

Side notes: I live 2 minutes from work, so I always come home for lunch and have time to cook, so I do not have to meal prep lunches. Additionally,  I only meal plan about 4-5 meals. Since it is just the two of us, we inevitably eat leftovers for a meal, fend for ourselves, or change our mind. If I meal plan 7 meals I always end up wasting food. But that's just our preference. 




No comments:

Post a Comment